Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some Random Thoughts

There is not enough time for blogging lately ... here's what's been on my mind.

1. our congress as a whole is dishonest and disappointing and that is about as gentle as I can put it. This article explains it well: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/17/cafferty.stimulus/index.html

2. excited that the India microfinance ministry my wife and I are helping with will have a story in the KC Star ... Wednesday I think ... look for it.

3. bummed I have to quit school for a while (Sprint cut my funding :) ). I will have to come up with some other kind of project to work on in the mean time.

4. impressed with the coaching job Bill Self did against kstate on Saturday ... assigning lesser players to begin fouling Clemente and Pullen consistently was brilliant (and perfectly legal). Clemente has got to keep his cool there.

5. btw, I think Frank did a good coaching job as well - just has less talent right now. He doesn't have the 'bring everyone up top and then lob a 30 foot pass to the big guy' option.

5. wishing people would stop calling Clemente's frustration hit to the head of Reed a punch. Reed didn't even notice it or turn around. If it was a punch, he would have. Clemente shouldn't have done it ... but it was not a punch. My two year old hits harder than that. Same deal with the elbow ... yes - it was correctly called a technical, no - he was not really trying to hurt him. Again, I've been elbowed more seriously by my two year old in the last 24 hours. :)

6. pondering why Christians have to be so cheesy. Have you listened to KLove lately ... uggh.

7. amazed at the simplicity yet profoundness of Jesus' stories - there is so much meaning packed into simple stories about seeds, wheat, fruit, harvest, loans, sons, daughters, and money.

8. also amazed at the story of Joseph - one of the few old testament men who did almost everything right. Most of the others seem to be blessed in spite of themselves.

9. now you know where I'm at in my read through the Bible in a year effort ... can't wait to blog on Leviticus. Yippee.

No comments: