Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hello Dan, Goodbye Tim

Great News! The pastor search committee at Westside has recommended Dan Southerland become the lead teaching pastor. You can read the announcement here. In short, I'm excited about this and believe it is good for the church. First of all, I greatly respect the people who were on the search committee and those on the PAT team. They are good, bright people and I trust their decision. Second, though I have met Dan personally only once briefly, those I know who are close to him rave about him. It also says something to me that he has guided the staff through these turbulent times over the last year and they still want him around. That takes great leadership and a caring heart. Thirdly, I participated in one of his 'Transitioning' conference sometime back and heard him speak to the pastors that were there. I was very impressed with his knowledge, passion, and theology.

At the same time (but unrelated), we have to say goodbye to Pastor Tim. I've gotten to know Tim and respect his passion to be like Christ and take others there with him. He gives it everything he's got, and it's exciting that God has shown him a new opportunity. I wish him the best. He and his family will be missed!

No comments: