Monday, October 19, 2009

Leaving for India in 2 days

Hey everyone,

I can't believe the time is finally here. I leave for India on Wednesday morning. 3 plane flights and 25 hours or so later I'll be in India ready for a short night in a hotel. In the morning, it is just 1 short flight and a 2 hour drive to get to New Life Children's home. Please pray for us. 5 of us are going from Westside, and we are meeting a couple more people from Thailand there.

Together we will be hosting a youth conference and a pastor's conference, as well as dedicating water wells in some remote villages, and loving on the 160 kids at New Life children's home.

We are expecting 1500 high school and college age people to attend a youth conference on Saturday. We will be sharing the Gospel with them, and I will be closing our time together with a 30 minute talk on 'How to change your life'. Please pray for that!

We are expecting 200 local pastors for a 2-day pastors' conference. I will be opening and closing each session so altogether, I will be speaking about 2 hours each day. I'm definitely not use to that so please pray that I would speak clearly and say what God wants me to say.

Each of the 200 pastors will be given 2 extra copies of the material so they can go back to their local area and re-teach the lessons. I'm praying that thousands will hear about these simple steps to church planting and as a result that thousands of new home-churches will be started. Please pray with me!

We're teaching them these 6 steps to church planting:
  • Pray
  • Evangelize
  • Disciple
  • Gather Together (Church)
  • Develop Leaders
  • Multiply

Also, please pray for my family while I am away. I will miss them!

I look forward to reporting back all that God does. Thank you for praying!

No comments: