Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Off to India

Today I'm on my way to India. I will be traveling to New Life Orphanage near Visak, Andhra Pradesh, India. The last time I traveled to India was almost three years ago. I remember sitting in a room there praying and dreaming with members of our church about starting a new orphanage in India. In only a few short years, we now have over 160 children living at New Life Children's Home. 160 children now have food to eat and people to care for them. Praise God! I will be staying on the land we have purchased as a permanent home for these children. It only has temporary structures for the children right now, but I can't wait to see it.

On this trip, we have a new dream. We are praying and dreaming about the beginning of a church planting movement - a movement of simple churches that reproduce themselves to finish the spread of the Gospel in the area. It is a big dream! We will kick it off by training 200 pastors how to start simple churches that multiply. We will be asking them to in turn teach many more people these principles. Our hope is that the training will quickly spread to several thousand people who will all be working together to start thousands of small, simple, multiplying churches.
This will require a lot of prayer!

Will you pray for me and our dream? Although I don't understand it, I believe with all my heart that prayer matters. Michelle will update my blog with selected requests for each day. Thank you for partnering with me in seeing the spread of the Gospel around the world!

Psalm 67:1-7 (Living Bible) O God in mercy bless us; let your face beam with joy as you look down at us. Send us around the world with the news of your saving power and your eternal plan for all mankind. How everyone throughout the earth will praise the Lord! How glad the nations will be, singing for joy because you are their King and will give true justice to their people! Praise God, O world! May all the peoples of the earth give thanks to you. For the earth has yielded abundant harvests. God, even our own God, will bless us. And peoples from remotest lands will worship him.

Prayer requests for today:

· Our team members are: Schaun Colin, Jason Mills, KC Allen, Mike Viser, Troy Kennedy, Allen Crone and Bob Gettemy. Pray for each person’s health, and for the strength and power of the Holy Spirit to accomplish all that needs to be accomplished according to God’s plan.

· Pray that nothing would prevent whom God has chosen for the pastor's conference from attending and receiving all that He has in store for them.

No comments: