Wednesday, January 21, 2009

(Very) Random Thoughts

I was proud to be an American yesterday. I think it was a good day for us.

I was a bit disappointed in Obama's speech ... it just wasn't very memorable for me.

I loved the last prayer at the inauguration although it's range of attitudes was strange ... starting with Thee's and Thou's and ending with informal humor. It was an odd mix, but it was the most memorable part for me.

Obama must be worn out!!

Listening to Rush Limbaugh (which I do very very seldom) make fun of the inaugural poet, saying she sounded like the lady in his GPS device that gives him instructions, was hilarious.

I'm spending time reflecting on the Sermon on the Mount right now. It's Amazing. Many of you probably know that Jesus says our righteousness can not get us to heaven because we are not perfect. But do you know that our righteousness (how well we follow the law) will be rewarded in heaven? There will be 'least' in heaven and 'most' in heaven. If you're looking for a place where everyone is 'equal', then I guess heaven isn't it. Think about that for a while.

K-State basketball has started 0-3 and as usual most people are overreacting. My estimation is that 8 of the 12 teams in the Big 12 would have started 0-3 with K-State's schedule. Only KU, Oklahoma, Texas, and Baylor might have won one or two of the three games. All we've discovered to this point is that K-State is not a great team - which anyone paying attention already knew. Whether they finish 5th or last, we just don't know yet. Give it 3 more games and then overreact.

No comments: